Thursday 5 December 2013

Graphic Font Samples Titles


Graphic Font Samples - Titles
As mentioned in the post below, both 'Revolutionary Road' and 'Like Crazy' both use simple and delicate fonts throughout both their credits in the trailer and also as their title.

In 'Dear John' and 'Blue Valentine', the title font used is much chunkier and bolder than that of RR or LC. In BV, throughout the trailer the font used is very simple, however the final title is completely different font.




For 'Dear John', an equally chunky font is used, yet appears throughout the whole trailer for the credits as well.



I think that if we did use a different font to the rest of the trailer, it would have to be a bolder font as this highlights the title for the audience. However, it also will appear on the poster so must be bold enough to stand out on paper as well.

I prefer the condensed font of BV to DJ, and I also think this could work better with the rest of our graphics as we are using very simple and delicate fonts. Our working title we are currently using is 'Degrees of Separation', and I will be using this title to test out different possible fonts for our title.




Both of these are basic fonts from Microsoft Word which are dull and very unprofessional looking. Since we couldn't find anything that looked interesting enough on Microsoft, we downloaded fonts we think could be useful from 'DaFont.'

Absender:


I really like this font as I think it's simple but has something different about it than usual bold block writing. I also think by using this font, it separates our film from the typical hollywood mainstream romances and adds an edgier feel.


Dunkin:


I don't like this font as it is a bit too simple and rounded. I also think it would not fit with our genre.

 Pharmacy:


Viafont:


I like this font a lot, especially as it is so simple. However, it reminds me slightly of a sci fi film or the font used for certain modern bands. If the letters were possibly more rounded, it would not be so sci-fi and alien.

W.H.









No comments:

Post a Comment